The completely new sequel edition to what was called by J.G. Ballard 'the terminal documents of the twentieth century.'
The original Apocalypse Culture, an underground best-seller since its emergence in 1987, going through 13 printings, has remained a huge influence on popular culture. The sequel delineates further regions of the Forbidden Zone, the psychic maelstrom that everyone knows exists but fearfully avoids.
Subject matter includes:
- the biological resurrection of Jesus Christ via modern cloning technology
- interviews with a convicted murderer and cannibal turned celebrity
- recipes for cooking babies
- a re-enactment of the 914 deaths that occurred at Jonestown in 1978
- a report on Bobby Beausoleil, his art, and his prison sex life
- the farthest out conspiracy of all with reasons to take it absolutely seriously
- letters sent to Anton LaVey's Church of Satan
- a sample necrocard for those who wish to donate their body to necrophilia
- steps to overcome masturbation
- the replacement of human mates with expensive masturbatory devices
- fecal black magic
- mind control via advertising
... and dozens of other compelling examples of our own Apocalypse Culture.
Observing that society has been infantilized by being told at every opportunity how to think and what to believe, editor Parfrey refuses to provide easy moral lessons in Apocalypse Culture II, though he supplies pertinent information before and after many articles to assist the interpretation of thoughtful readers. Some will find the contents quite shocking, but that, according to Parfrey, is not his primary purpose. This is an examination of sociological truths that speak of the culture that both created and ignore them.
Contributors include: Colin Wilson, Ted Kaczynski, Pentti Linkola, Jim Goad, Peter Sotos, Michael Moynihan, Sondra London, Jonathan Vankin, Irv Rubin, George Petros, Chris Campion, Robert Sterling, David Woodard, Dan Kelly, Wes Thomas, Crispin Hellion Glover, Boyd Rice, Kadmon, Chad Hensley, James Shelby Downard, Rod Dickinson, Steve Speer, Sarita Vendetta, Ghazi Barakat, Kristan Lawson, Issei Sagawa, Rosemary Malign, Danny Rolling, Larry Wayne Harris, Nicolar Claux, Stu Mead, Trevor Brown, George LaMort, and Beth Love.