Go Vegan! is Sarah’s first wall calendar, featuring photographs of her in beguiling re-creations of advertisements, movie posters, and other iconic images of the '40s, '50s, and '60s that have been reworked for modern vegan audiences.
Each month features a recipe appropriate for the season or particular holiday, as well as various vegan facts, trivia, and dates in history:
* World Vegan Day is celebrated each year on November 1
* The Vegan Society, the world’s first vegan group, was founded in Great Britain in November 1944
* The American Vegan Society was founded in February 1960
* The world’s first Veggie Pride Parade was held in Paris in October 2001; it is now held annually each year in May
* A 2006 study suggested that 1.4 percent of Americans are vegan
With Sarah Kramer’s fun and fab Go Vegan! 2010 Wall Calendar, vegans can stay happy, healthy, and “up-to-date.”