Each bodily function is discussed from a variety of viewpoints: scientific, anthropological, historical, sociological, and artistic. A survey of questions include: Do you get 'asparagus pee,' 'coffee pee,' and 'neon multi-vitamin pee'? Where, typically do you pick your nose - bathroom, car, kitchen? What do you do with nose 'boogers' once you've snagged them? and many other meditations on our excretions.
- constipation (such as its relationship to cornflakes and graham crackers!)
- the history and evolution of toilet paper
- farting (spot-lighting the famous Joseph Pujol, a turn-of-the-century Fartiste who was so famous internationally for his fart-singing and comedy routines that a street was named after him in Paris)
- urine (including little-known facts about urinalysis)
- as well as many other engrossing topics.
As our culture undergoes profound transformation concerning its relationship with Nature and the Earth, how can we realign with nature globally if we can't deal with our won excreta taboos and bodily functions?
Table of contents:
Toe Cheese & others!