Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom DVD (Criterion Collection Edition)
The controversial poet, novelist, and filmmaker s transposition of the Marquis de Sade s 18th-century opus of torture and degradation to 1944 Fascist Italy remains one of the most passionately debated films of all time, a thought-provoking inquiry into the political, social, and sexual dynamics that define the world we live in.
- Newly restored high-definition digital transfer
- The End of Salo, a 40-minute documentary about the film's final scene
- Salo: Yesterday and Today, a 35-minute documentary featuring interviews with Pier Paolo Pasolini, actor-filmmaker Jean-Claude Biette, and Pasolini's friend Nineto Davoli
- Fade to Black, a new short documentary about Salo, featuring interviews with filmmakers Bernardo Bertolucci, Catherine Breillat, and John Maybury
- New interviews with set designer Dante Ferretti and filmmaker/film scholar Jean-Pierre Gorin
- Optional English-dubbed soundtrack
- Theatrical trailer
- Optional English subtitles
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new essays by Neil Bartlett, Roberto Chiesi, Naomi Greene, Gary Indiana, and Sam Rohdie, and excerpts from Gideon Bachman s on-set diary
Pier Paolo Pasolini
5.5 x 7.5
116 mins., Not Rated, 2xDVD
1975 / 2008
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.