Foreword by Dale DeGroff.
Absinthe expert R. Winston Guthrie has combed the nation to bring you a wide range of absinthe cocktails crafted by celebrated bartenders such as Jim Meehan of New York’s PDT, Erik Adkins of San Francisco’s Slanted Door, and Eric Alperin of The Varnish in Los Angeles. In addition to the recipes—such as the Salute to Sazerac (with rye whiskey, Angostura bitters, and lemon peel) and the Green Goddess (fresh basil leaves, cucumber vodka, simple syrup, line juice, and fresh thyme)—you will find:
- a primer on the accoutrements (spoons, glasses, fountains) for serving absinthe
- a how-to on executing your own absinthe drip
- a guide to buying the best-quality absinthe (whether imported or domestic)
- a lesson on how to discern between real absinthe and fake
- sidebars on absinthe’s rich history
Whether you want to learn everything you need to know to host “L’Heure Verte” (the Green Hour) and impress your friends with your beautiful accoutrements and practiced pouring technique, or just make a really delicious drink, A Taste for Absinthe will bring you up to speed on the most talked about liquor in history.