It's his first release on Sub Pop Records, who have not been tricked into thinking he's some sort of Czech death metal band.
Werewolves and Lollipops
is the follow-up to 2004's Feelin' Kinda Patton
. The new album comes packaged with a revolutionary image-and-sound delivery system called a 'DVD,' on which purchasers can see Patton performing much of this material live at the 40 Watt Club in Athens, GA. He also shoots guns, bowls, and eats things.
The album contains, among other things, Oswalt's rants about KFC, G-rated smut, late-life pregnancy, and escaping the pull of the coolest places on Earth. An earlier press release from Sub Pop describes Oswaltís comedy as, '...evocative of other Czech doom-noise outfits such as Clebknopf's Stagnant Nightmare, Mortuary Picnic and Flelv.'
1. Here We Go
2. America Has Spoken
3. Beautiful People and a Bridge Troll
4. Clean Filth
5. The Miracle of Childbirth
6. You Are Allowed 20 Birthday Parties
7. The Dukes Of Hazzard
8. Alternate Earth
9. Best Week Never
10. Physics for Poets
11. At Midnight I Will Kill George Lucas with a Shovel
11. Bubble of Sanity
12. Sterling, Virginia
13. The Gatekeepers of Coolness
14. Racist Cell Phones
15. The Best Baby in the Universe
16. Married & Single
17. I Tell a Story About Birth Control and Deal with a Retarded Heckler
18. Great Food Is Cooked by Psychos
19. Wackity Schmackity Doo!
20. Death Bed
21. Cirque du Soleil